Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Youth Turkey Jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Turkey Jitters

Took my 14 year old turkey hunting. Had a great set up this morning...between some hammering gobblers (solid gobbling for 30 minutes prior to fly down, less than 40 yards from us) and vocal hens...3 big ole toms passed by at 30 yards, shotgun blast, 3 ole toms got away. Got our heart rate up for sure! Set back up under their roosting area now...hoping to tag one on the way back to the tree. Will update if successful.

Very cool! Do you call them or just wait?

My son is turns 14 in August, we are working on his hunter safety course now.
    Steve
    1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

Comment

• tcf25
      tcf25 commented
      Editing a comment
      This morning started as calling and they were hammering back hard. Once the hens started cutting and yelping I mostly stopped since I knew the gobblers would walk by.

This evening is more of a sit like deer hunting...most of the season Maryland does not allow evening hunting but they do for youth day

Watch them fly up to roost this evening...never got in range. Will be at it again in a couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
    X