Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Short Spanish Mackeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Spanish Mackeral

I have never caught small Spanish Mackeral until today. Only 1 keeper and a half dozen or so that were 8-10inches long. It was kind of disappointing. A bunch of small rockfish as well...we were fishing the Thomas point area of the Chesapeake. No great pictures...just the bow headed south towards the Bay Bridge.
    Attached Files

Sorry you didn't get into more keepers, but sounds like a busy day and always good to get out!
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

No boat issues, caught fish, back home safe...sounds like a good day! Did you troll? Were you out Sunday? I was on Choptank.....blew pretty good.

Comment

• tcf25
        tcf25 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was not out sunday and I should have put disappointed in quotes...was not really. I had my oldest son, father in law, and a friends son on board so was hoping to get them on some better quality fish. Yes we were trolling...was hoping to cast to schools but the only schools/birds we found were over near brickhouse bar and they were all rockfish.

Originally posted by tcf25 View Post
      I have never caught small Spanish Mackeral until today. Only 1 keeper and a half dozen or so that were 8-10inches long. It was kind of disappointing. A bunch of small rockfish as well...we were fishing the Thomas point area of the Chesapeake. No great pictures...just the bow headed south towards the Bay Bridge.
      Try north of the Bridge, between Sandy Point and just north of Baltimore Light on the western side of the shipping channel. I've been hitting rock, macks and blues in that area for a few weeks trolling spoons. This pic is from this past Saturday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2428.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	28642

Comment

Nice catch! Thanks for the intel. Glad to see them north of bridge. Last year we got them up near tolchester! Hope they stick around but I am thinking the hard north blow this weekend maybe the end of the Spanish...but just the start of the shallow water stripers
        Last edited by tcf25; 09-18-2020, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X