Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Shad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shad

Good shad action this morning...anyone local to MD should know the spot. Not very crowded given everyone being home. Lost count of the number of American and Hickory

I hope these reports don't need to be from a shamrock. I have not caught anything on the Shamrock yet this year
    Attached Files

Nice catch! In our part of the country the shad are basically just for baitfish and nowhere near that size!
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• tcf25
      tcf25 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a fun fishery in the spring. The American shad (in the picture) are bigger and fight harder than the hickory. But the hickory will go crazy with jumps (nick named "poor mans tarpon). Both will come into the rivers to spawn and then spend most their lives out in the ocean up around the bay of fundy

Nice catch! Looks like another fun day.

As a kid....years ago....I remember a time or two going up that way with an uncle and another "old" guy. Went to some small tributaries and they had a rig they made up for "dippin shad".
    That's been 50 years ago but good memories.

Comment

Fun fish to catch. Did some shad fishing just north of the Trenton makes bridge for many years.back in the 80-90’s
      Amber Leigh
      2003 246 Open
      5.7 Captains Choice
      330 HP

Comment

Working...
      X