Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Spanish Mac Upper Chesapeake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Mac Upper Chesapeake

Heard about a Spanish mackerel bite only about 10 MI from my home Port so I figured give it a try and the day worked out pretty good. We left them biting. And the plus is the boat ran well. Successful trip!

Those fish are beautiful! Glad you got into them and will be able to enjoy a tableful to boot!
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Nice! Used to get into them frequently when in the Keys. Toothy little buggers.
      1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

Would like to find someone to show/tell me how to fish my 26 near Baltimore. I have fished offshore a bit in an earlier life, but knowing what tackle/speed etc. would get me started. I'd buy a box (or 2) of Geresbeck's donuts................................

Comment

I tend to fly fish mostly at this point and light tackle stuff. I do not troll often. This time of year trolling you can do well trolling bucktails slow (around 2mph which can be hard to do with the shamrock) keeping the lures down near bottom. Can also run around looking for birds and jigging the down current side of the birds. I also run the shamrock in the shallows and cast topwater

Comment

Working...
          X