Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Free Hull and Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Hull and Trailer

Good Afternoon,

I have a 20’ Pilothouse HULL, trailer, and many extras for FREE. It does NOT have an engine. I purchased it when I was stationed in Alaska in 2011’ish, towed it across the U.S. to Massachusetts where it sat as a lawn ornament for 4 years, then down to North Carolina where it is once again sitting as a lawn ornament. I had every intention of re-powering it but do not currently have the time nor finances to do so. It was previously powered by a Ford 302. Being that it is a classic and an AWESOME boat, I hate to see it just wither away in my yard and would like to give someone else the opportunity to fix it up. It was last registered in Massachusetts and the only problem I have is that I cannot locate the registration or the title but I do have the title for the trailer. I am willing to work with anyone interested in obtaining a registration and/or title. The fuel tanks were replaced in 2012’ish. Below is a list of some but not all of the included items but please note, I will not piece items out, it’s all or none.
    • Centek VERNATONE Exhaust System
    • ORCA Marine Cooling System
    • Machined Intake Manifold
    • Mallory Distributor
    • Holley Carburetor
    • Brand New Water Pump
    • Velvet Drive Transmission (one tooth broken off flywheel but everything else seems to be fine)
    • Machined Intake Manifold
    • Trim Tabs
    • Much Much More…

Hi Nick,
    Where abouts in NC? I could drive from VA this weekend to get it.
    Jay

Comment

Nick, I'd be happy to come down and take the boat off your hands. If the trailer is sketchy, I have one to bring her home. My drive is a little longer but would be well worth the effort. I have the parts needed to complete the project. I can be reached at 631-807-6644.

Comment

Where in NC. I can be there tomorrow. I have everything to make it original. Time and place to do it. 252 241 9641, Jerry [email protected]
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

And the winner is??????
          '78 20ft Cuddy
          Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Talked to Nick today. Boat should be ready for your inspection at the get together. Have a 4.3 being built now. Think I'll put that in or maybe a 351. I'll definitely post pictures when I get it here and as the project comes along. Some really nice PH here. Do any of you have suggestions. What would you do to yours, if you could, to make it better?
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            31 Grand Slam
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Man Jerry! You get that little outboard going on the back and you’re in the water tomorrow. Looks like a great project

Comment

I wouldn’t change a thing on the Pilothouse except I would do a 351 for sure. I would do as much sound down insulation as possible. Gets a little noisy sitting on top the engine.

Comment

To the majority of the group this would be blasphemy. Considering the boat has no engine it’s a clean slate. For my style of boating, all 30 miles or less round trips, I would install a 100KW electric motor with appropriate battery pack. It would be about a 20,000 conversion but on the 20’ pilot house it would be a sweet, silent package.

I would keep the 26’ open for any longer outings.

Jerry aren’t you glad you asked what we would do.

Regards,
                  Mark
                  1990 26’ open 351W

Comment

Working...
                  X