Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

17' Shammy Hull Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17' Shammy Hull Mold

17' Shamrock, Hull Mold.

Any interest, get ahold of me, Its not going to exist too much longer

Its in Ohio

Has a 17 set up Trailer, sitting under it.

feel free to call, instead of replying thru here

Todd Horman
    419-602-2754

Gotta ask, how did you end up with that? I had a man in Cape Coral swear to me that he hauled off the mold and destroyed it.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

They did destroy the one at the factory, I was a dealer from 1997, till the end in Bladen County N.C.

Shut my business down in the 2009/2010 era of the economy.

I had 2 17's run thru on trade, and I thought it was a cute lil boat,so in 2014, being bored, and stupid, I bought a 17' in Fl, has it shipped up to Ohio, and took it apart, flipped upside down, many hours of sanding, and made a mold.

Hull came out real good, but the deck was an utter failure. I shrinkwrapped it all when I moved to FL, and its in a buddies front yard in Ohio

Comment

Last edited by Todd Horman; 08-28-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Horman View Post
          They did destroy the one at the factory, I was a dealer from 1997, till the end in Bladen County N.C.

Shut my business down in the 2009/2010 era of the economy.

I had 2 17's run thru on trade, and I thought it was a cute lil boat,so in 2014, being bored, and stupid, I bought a 17' in Fl, has it shipped up to Ohio, and took it apart, flipped upside down, many hours of sanding, and made a mold.

Hull came out real good, but the deck was an utter failure. I shrinkwrapped it all when I moved to FL, and its in a buddies front yard in Ohio
          I'd call that reverse engineering. I too like the 17ers, but without a deck mold,,,,,,
          1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

ya, me too, made sure it was out of trademark time.( or hull spashing )

If I still had the desire, what deck mold I have, is fixable, but I'm no longer into it.

I'll buy another 17, but tired of projects,

time to sit back and say why.

Comment

Todd, do you know where to find the seat cooler bases that were used for the 17's?

Comment

Working...
              X