Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Shamrock for NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamrock for NZ

Hello everyone, I'm a New Zealander looking to buy a US center console and send it home to NZ.
    Boats are far more expensive in NZ than the US, and even with shipping i can get a boat to new zealand and it still be a bit cheaper than buying here.
    I had been looking at a shaft drive Mako which was sold and someone told me about Shamrocks. I have to admit i'd never heard of them down here. If more people knew of them they'd be popular as they tick a lot of boxes NZ fisherman are looking for.
    the guy who mentioned Shamrock to me was sure there was one that would fit my very limited budget
    Anyway
    I am looking for a 20-25' Shamrock, Diesel (gas is twice what you pay) $15k max - really need it to be less. center console or even better - wheelhouse. I would look at walkarounds though as well.
    Solid - i cant afford to be fixing a boat here before it gets in the water.
    Hopeing someone has something or knows of something that may suit nicely - i am prepared to wait and am trying to be patient haha.
    thanks all - Justin Tilly

I should have added........ for some crazy reason shipping is cheapest from Jacksonville, then Baltimore, Savannah and then the west coast - weird i know ??
    So the east coast seems to be the least expensive.
    Justin

Comment

Justin, Florida is a good place to go shopping for a shamrock. You should be able to get what you want for the price or less but you may have to wait for the diesel. Google Craig's list and boater's world for listings. You may need a good local contact to sort out the multiple listings. I'm sure one of the members down there will help. We all like candy shopping. Good luck
      Atlantic City, NJ
      1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

BTW, there is a member in the northwest tearitory of Australia. I think his screen name is Gove1. Either here or on shamrockboatownersclub.com
        Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

Hi "Ship" and thanks for that - laughed at the Gove1, Gove is a very small town way way up the top of Australia, bauxite mining i think - and my sister and family live there. Its a small world.

Comment

I joined the shamrock boat owners page - but for some reason i cant post???

Comment

Many Shamrocks on the East coast but a diesel in that price range will be hard.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              31 Grand Slam
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Hi Quick fix - yes i realise they are going to be a bit few and far between - I'm in no real hurry, I thought your fall may show something, and that will then be my Spring.

Comment

I think if you want a boat with a diesel you will need to be up around $20K.... That's what I paid for mine. The fellow had wanted $26K but I got him down to $20K. Love the boat with a 4 cylinder Yanmar 230 hp diesel. She will run at about 27 MPH WOT, yet give excellent fuel economy. WOT IS 3300 RPM, CRUISE @ 3000 RPM about 24 MPH all day long.

Not looking to sell mine, just giving you info what to expect.
                  Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
                  1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
                  2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
                  Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
                  17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

Originally posted by cw.abeljr View Post
                    I think if you want a boat with a diesel you will need to be up around $20K.... That's what I paid for mine. The fellow had wanted $26K but I got him down to $20K. Love the boat with a 4 cylinder Yanmar 230 hp diesel. She will run at about 27 MPH WOT, yet give excellent fuel economy. WOT IS 3300 RPM, CRUISE @ 3000 RPM about 24 MPH all day long.

Not looking to sell mine, just giving you info what to expect.
                    And then you killed it with the last line haha - i was about to ask if your great sounding boat would like a south pacific holiday.........

Comment

It may take a day or two to post on sboc. Try private messaging Foxhole. He is one of their administrators. Gove1 is still active on sboc so try contacting as well. There was a diesel posted early this past spring on sboc under 15. I doubt it is still available but look. You don't need to be able to post to shop . Lol
                      Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

Cheers Ship - i'll do that this morning

Comment

Working...
                        X