Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

383 stroker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What additional components would I need to put this in the 26 that had a 351 in it?
    1980 pilot house 351
    1988 260 predator 351

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by My My Hey Hey View Post
      What additional components would I need to put this in the 26 that had a 351 in it?
      Nothing, it came out of my 26. If you want it, I'll take it down and run it. Make sure everything is good.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      31 Grand Slam
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

      Comment


      • #33
        I think I do Jerry. Keith will be down there this coming week and said he would pick it up for me. Let me know how it does if it's not to much trouble. Thanks.
        1980 pilot house 351
        1988 260 predator 351

        Comment


        • #34
          Steve & Jerry,

          Guessing the 383 will require a different/modified prop than a normal 350. Might trade prop information or see if Jerry has one assuming y'all come to terms.
          C Rhodes
          26' Mackinaw - 1990
          351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
          351 PCM (2006 - Current)
          Southport, NC

          Comment


          • #35
            Same as OEM on the prop.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            31 Grand Slam
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

            Comment


            • #36
              Steve PM sent.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              31 Grand Slam
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

              Comment


              • #37
                It didn't come through Jerry.
                1980 pilot house 351
                1988 260 predator 351

                Comment


                • #38
                  My fault, as usual. I posted a visitor message instead. PM now.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  31 Grand Slam
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Took it down and turned it by hand. I'm having some physical problems but as soon as I can, I will put the carb and starter on along with hooking up the Thunderbolt ignition system. Then I can run it.I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it.
                    1988 26' cuddy
                    1975 20' open
                    31 Grand Slam
                    16' Sandpiper
                    14' Certified Fiberglass

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                      Took it down and turned it by hand. I'm having some physical problems but as soon as I can, I will put the carb and starter on along with hooking up the Thunderbolt ignition system. Then I can run it.I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it.
                      Jerry, am I hearing you correctly? You run the engine on the bench? Can you elaborate pls?
                      Enjoy,
                      Tony

                      1981 20 ft cuddy
                      4.3L Chev V-6

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Tony View Post

                        Jerry, am I hearing you correctly? You run the engine on the bench? Can you elaborate pls?
                        On the engine stand or mounted to a pallet. Engine doesn't know if it is in a boat, truck or on my shop floor.
                        1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        31 Grand Slam
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post

                          On the engine stand or mounted to a pallet. Engine doesn't know if it is in a boat, truck or on my shop floor.
                          You don't rent out do you? It amazes me how I got this far in life without knowing anything :< (
                          Enjoy,
                          Tony

                          1981 20 ft cuddy
                          4.3L Chev V-6

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X